Saturday 19 March 2011

Country Walks and Blue Skies

I realised the other day that it has been a while since I last did a post. Unfortunately I've not been very well, so my days have consisted of vegging out on the sofa or in bed feeling rather sorry for myself! It didn't help that it has been gorgeous weather all week and I haven't been able to enjoy it, until yesterday that is. Me and my Mr decided that some good old fresh english air would do me some good, so we got Eden wrapped up and went for a drive.
As we drove through the stunning Derbyshire countryside, we spotted a lake in the middle of some fields and decided to investigate. After driving down a drive, we ended up at Longshaw Lodge, a stunning old building that was owned by the Duke of Rutland. The lodge was originally built as a shooting box for the then Duke for when he wanted to go shooting. The Longshaw Lodge is the central focal point of the vast Longshaw Estate.


Bit of history for you there :)
These are some of the photo's.






















I'm seriously hoping that this weather is here to stay, there will definitely be more days like this :)


I hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx 

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely day out. I've had the cold all week so I can sympathise with the not feeling well. Hope the fresh air helped x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took some really pretty photos, I love the looks of that lake, it's gorgeous!
    Hope you're feeling better now.

    xx Michelle
    http://www.thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better Hun, the pictures look lovely xx

    Kittenish Behaviour Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you feel better now. lovely blog :)

    http://opinionslave.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos - I really hope you're feeling better though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous pics! i hope the sun is here to stay, too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased the weather's started to get nicer.
    Great photos.
    Hope you feel better <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon!!

    A date with the other half would do wonders I reckon. :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous pictures, derbyshire is full of beautiful countryside. today has been so nice and sunny in london and i really hope the weather stays too =)


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw lovely photos, there's nowhere better than the countryside on a sunny day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are so cute! Hope your feeling better lovely, although it looks like the weathers going downhill now:(xxx

    ReplyDelete